User Interface and Administration
With its intuitive, accessible and user-friendly web interface, Forecast makes it easy to plan and run projects while
empowering people and gaining valuable business insights.
Newcomers can get started easily using our setup and introduction wizards.
More experienced users will find all the advanced functionality needed to plan and carry out complex projects, as
well as configuring business units, project types, users, tags and more.
- Personal dashboard enables you to focus on only the projects and work relevant to you.
- Accessible on any standard web browser (100% web-based). Ideal for globally distributed teams
- Great user interface. No more long training sessions and cryptic dashboards. Users are up and running in minutes
- Multilingual interface
- Custom fields. Add custom fields e.g. dates, drop-downs to a project and they will be available instantly
- Dynamic search and filtering
- Fully accessible following the Section 508 requirements of U.S. government law and similar international standards.
Components are fully keyboard navigable and the
is supported with screen readers such as NVDA or JAWS
- Configurable access controls for user roles and permission levels. Access can be controlled
even at project or module level
- Flexible configuration and setup
- Access to assistance and support directly within the solution
- Powerful graphical administration for all aspects of system setup
e.g. project types, tags, teams. Configure everything in the system on the fly
- Easily configure and mix modules to suit your needs
- Multiple project templates. Save an unlimited number of project templates for easy initiation of any project
- HTTPS-login for secure password transmission
- Standards compliant based on HTML5/Ajax
- Mobile device supported
Initial Planning, Estimation and Forecasting
Forecast supports planning, estimating, Statements of Work (SoW) that enable you to rest assured when your projects are progressing according to plan and take action when they do not. With the right controls and tracking in place, more aggressive delivery models can be pursued, and increased confidence with estimates and timelines will happen automatically. Our Automated Learning Algorithm (ALA) adapts, learns and evolves from how your organization works and operates.
- Easily find, re-use and leverage historic data directly. Dynamically search on any attribute or tag
- Automated Learning Algorithm (ALA) adapts and learns based on the performance of the organization,
individual business units etc. Learn more about our technology
- 3-Point estimates in the Work Breakdown helps give sound estimates based on historic performance
Forecast automatically provides uncertainty calculations
- Activity/Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) provides the necessary framework for
detailed bottom-up cost estimating for use in Statements of Work / proposals
- Versioning enables an unlimited amount of data snapshots to visualize data and project
progress over time and/or through a stage gate model
- Add other costs that cannot be quantified in hours e.g. cost of servers, certifications and more
- Easily convert estimates / proposals / Statements of Work (SoW) to execution / implementation items
such as stories in a backlog
- Easily develop a baseline for estimates and track how your organization or project diverts. Forecast is
pre-configured with baseline data so you can hit the ground running
- Single system for collection of disparate estimation documents and files
- File attachments of multiple files enable you to easily can find your wireframes, screenshots, Function Point diagrams etc.
- Users can be assigned limited levels of system access and permission
- Automatic weighting and calculation of project phases e.g. how many percent of the project is
project management, development, test
- Improve estimation and resource allocation by measuring productivity based on historical performance
- Scope change tracking. Monitor scope creep by having a set baseline before you initiate project execution
- Powerful tagging system. Use our provided taxonomy or create your own. Tagging allows you to search
and find related items in the system as well as providing input to the learning algorithm (ALA).
Running your projects using agile Scrum, Kanban or Waterfall is fully supported. You simply
choose how you want to run your project and Forecast automatically ties the project to the original project estimates /
proposal / SoW to keep projects in check. Instead of using a bug tracking system that has been retrofitted to run
projects you can take advantage of a state-of-the-art system that is built for purpose.
- Agile Scrum can be used as project model
- Kanban is fully supported
- Waterfall can be used as project model
- PRINCE2® and
PMI® are fully supported
- Drag & drop backlogs, sprint planning, story and task boards enable you to quickly organize and
prioritize between stories so developers know what to work on next
- Users can be assigned limited levels of system access and permission
- User stories and tasks. Centralized story and defect management system
enables you to easily get an overview and be in control of your projects
- Indicators to see each work-item's progress against what was originally estimated so you can catch any problems
before they become a risk to the project.
- Customizable story and task boards. Add or remove story and task states/columns to suit your exact workflow
- Customizable story types. Create an unlimited number of story types and give each of them a color for easy identification
- Attach links (URL's) to stories for use with other systems, repositories, guides etc.
- File attachments of multiple files e.g. to stories and other related modules so you
can easily find your wireframes, screenshots etc.
- Time tracking, time reporting and time administration. Rolls up time tracking data across
tasks and maintains the time spent and remaining estimate for tracking and reporting
- Real-time notifications when relevant project changes occur
- Estimate stories using any sizing method e.g. points, hours, t-shirts
- Sprint planning. Use the project specified sprint length or adjust to suit your needs
- Increment reporting ensures that completed stories and tasks are still viewable
- Dependencies between stories ensure that things get done in the right order
- Complete Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) support
- Link all tasks and stories to estimates to get the full end-to-end perspective
- Reports for getting an overview of the entire project, project status, time spent, estimated time left and
other metrics are readily available
- Deadlines can be assigned to tasks so you can track if they are completed on time or not
- Easily view current and create new milestones. Break your project into managable parts and assign work to each milestone
- Comment and collaborate on work items
Business and Project Insights
With countless insights at your fingertips, Forecast offers you the opportunity to gain a comprehensive
overview of all your projects. All insights can automatically be distributed to
other applications or forwarded to the responsible person in an easy to read format.
- Real-time insights and reporting of the most important statistics (totals, accuracy, utilization, to complete etc.)
- Automated Learning Algorithm (ALA) continually gathers data on running projects. The ALA uses
this statistical data to learn and adapt to the organization
- More than 35+ predefined "out of the box" reports across a variety of metrics
- Export to Excel (CSV) for internal data review, further manipulation and use
- Export of reports and other data in PDF file format
- Automatic collection of analytics and insights across projects in the organization
- Earned Value Management (EVM) enables tracking of progress and forecast the likely
future performance of the project
- Agile reporting includes all standard agile metrics e.g. burn-down, velocity, cumulative flow
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) tracking come "out of the box" e.g. estimation accuracy, project progress, client profitability
- Effort and progress tracking. Track your organizational effort and project progress across the entire life-cycle of all
- Track productivity over time and compare to baseline to see the increase or decrease
- End-to-end transparancy. Easily get transparency of the project execution pitfalls by comparing estimates and actuals.
Insight to not only where the projects have gone wrong but also where projects have gone well, so you can execute better.
People and Organizational Structure
Forecast can manage and schedule multiple projects. Visual resource planning
is easy to use. Granular and customizable access to individual parts of the solution for roles or users.
Dynamic cost calculations across projects and the organization.
Create business units and track performance across projects, teams and users.
- Multiple methodologies enables you to easily mix project estimation & development methods
to suit your needs
- Users can be assigned limited levels of system access and permission
- Business insights e.g. portfolio estimation accuracy, profitability or tag usage
- Powerful tagging enables you to easily tag all relevant items anywhere in the solution
- Full visual resource planning using drag & drop.
- Interactive scheduling plan replaces static resource management spreadsheets
- Flexible planning interface with drag & drop simplicity to help you manage with ease
- Manage multiple clients. All of which can have individual costs
- Define costs granularly per client and define both internal costs and external rates
- Dynamic cost calculation. Get an indicative price for estimates and an accurate cost
for execution of individual tasks
- Project overview gives the complete insight into key data of all projects
- Business units/organizational breakdown can graphically be structured and customized to fit any
organization e.g. across countries or sectors
- Custom fields can be created and added e.g. text, numbers, dropdowns, checkboxes, dates
- Multiple project type support with independent project phases, development models etc.
- Budgets and financial tracking
- Gain insight and track organizational, team and user productivity
- Track your organizational effort and project progress across the entire life-cycle of all
- Multi-Team support enables you to assign users into teams. A single user can be part of an unlimited amount of teams
- Dynamic Search and filtering
- Easily give a status of the project on resources, schedule and budget
- Quickly get a health check on the status of all projects in the portfolio
- Portfolio management. Quantify your IT efforts, enabling measurement and transparency of
investments. Avoid mis-spending money on IT investments
Forecast has a fully open developer API and pre-built integrations that make it
extremely powerful and easy to connect to other systems. The connection to external systems
allows for a large number of additional use case scenarios and possibilities for data
evaluation and seamless usage across systems. Forecast already provides many "out of the box"
integrations with our clients’ preferred third party systems.
- API (Application Programming Interface) provides easy integration to third party systems via JSON
- Real time notifications (task assignment, report notifications etc.)
- Web requests via HTTPS REST interface
- Completely scalable architecture with clearly separated logic layers using SOA and REST
- Use our data cloud for unlimited data storage capacity for even large files
such as documents, images or other supporting material
- Data is backed up every 5 minutes, so nothing will ever be lost
- Integration with LDAP for authentication and user management
- Integration to financial systems, ERP, CRM, ALM etc. (manual or automatic)
- Import and export of data via CSV or PDF
- File check during file import
- Flexible transformation of manually imported files
- Integration to time tracking systems (manual or automatic)
- Standards compliant. We take great pride in implementing standards and as such all our
implemented methodologies are open, proven and academically backed
Security and Availability
Forecast is delivered as SaaS solution that is available 24 hours a day. The Forecast production
environments are constantly monitored by our skilled engineers. Forecast can integrate with your Active Directory (AD) and stored organizational project-data is given the highest possible protection against unauthorized access.
- Top-of-the-line security. Forecast takes advantage of industry standard SSL security. This
ensures that all communication between you and Forecast is secure during transit.
All credit card transactions are processed using secure encryption, which is the same level
of encryption used by leading banks. Credit card information is transmitted, stored
and processed securely on a PCI-Compliant network
- Fully customizable system of roles and permissions for assigning individual levels of
access and authorized activity within the system
- Password are stored in encrypted form for increased security
- Protection from unauthorized access to the database by multi-layer application structure
- Role and team-based access control. Administrators may define granular access privileges to
individual users, roles and projects
- Scalable and flexible. Solution architecture is developed to comply with
enterprise standards using enterprise grade tools and frameworks.
Completely scalable with clearly separated logic layers using a SOA architecture based on REST
- 24-hour system monitoring
- High stability through redundancy of all hardware components - including redundant system architecture
in different locations
- Automated performance monitoring and alarms at system and database level
- HTTPS login for secure transmission of login data
- Backup. All files and data are backed up every 5 minutes, and stored in multiple locations
Thank you for signing up.
Your account has successfully been created.
Please check your inbox for login details.
That email already exists!
Please try again (refresh the page) or contact us!
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.